March 30, 2018 – Version 1.0.4 submitteed
I submitted a minor update to app store that allows to enable logging in the app's settings. The purpose of this feature is to facilitate resolving technical problems concerning the communication between app and Wifi adapter.
Upcoming features (last update: Feb 3)
I am currently working on a new version. The goal of this version is to make it easier for the user to find the right guiding parameters. I also want to tweak guiding performance. Here is what I am planning:
- Separate correction threshold and aggressivness for dec. and R.A. axis: Currently, these parameters are represented by single values for both axes. Since mechanical guiding errors are axis-specific, they should be covered by separate values. (done ✔)
- Autodetection: There will be a 5th calibration screen for autodetecting error thresholds. The autodetection will analyse to noise of a stationary guide star (over few frames) and compute error thresholds slightly above these values. (in progress)
- Code optimization: I will analyze and optimize the code that is responsible for Wifi communication and guiding. (not started yet)
April 2, 2017 – Version 1.0.3 released
There is a new version in the app store.
- The camera's white balance is now disabled to avoid changing brightness during actuation.
- Bugfix: A crash was reported on iPhone 7 that occured if minimum exposure was set. I fixed that.
Feb 3, 2017 – Version 1.0.2 released
Version 1.0.2 is now available. It's an intermediate release containing UI improvements and a bugfix.
- I added a connect/disconnect button to the main menu view. It allows to quickly connect to or disconnect from the mount. This is, e.g., useful if you want to disconnect first before switching to a different app that also controls the mount.
- If the Wifi connection fails, the error reason is displayed.
- Bugfix: I fixed a bug that the deviation from 90 degress was not stored after change.
Jan 11, 2017 – Version 1.0.1 released
Version 1.0.1 of Agile Autoguider has just been released on the app store. It features a new Wifi protocol as well as several UI improvements.
- Added Astro-Physics GTO Wifi protocol.
- Added back button to tutorial. Thereby, you can exit from it without going to last page.
- Added version history screen.
- Buttons in direct control view show arrows. In the previous version, they showed directions (such as "DEC+", "RA-"). However, these values were not meaningful as they heavily depend on the location and your scope's alignment.
- Replaced axes instructions in manual mode with cardinal directions. The same reason as above: Button labels such as "DEC+" are only meaningful in certain situations. Cardinal directions (North, East, South, West) match the buttons of hand controllers better.
- The initial video mode is now set to maximum camera resolution. This video mode gives the best overview, and it's just easier to handle for beginners. However, the resolution
- Prevention of automatic screen lock can be configured. It can be set such that it always allows or denies screen lock, or that it only denies screen lock during guiding.
Dec 12, 2016 – Version 1.0 released
The first version of Agile Autoguider is available on the app store.